Blog 9
A flipped classroom is when the students watch lectures or read the material at home as homework so when they come to class, they spend that time doing worksheets and other assignments. This way they can ask the instructor any questions they may have while doing the assignments. I think this is a really great way to help kids do well in class but I do not think they retain the information the same way they would if they were in class for the lecture. I retain information best when I am in class learning because usually the instructor gets the students involved with the lesson.
Open educational resources, or OERs, are materials for teaching that are free for teachers to use as they want. These materials can be changed to meet the teacher's needs or shared with others. I found a blog online that is pro OERs. This blog discusses how OERs can be very useful for those who do not get a lot of funding.
I thought I already knew a lot about PowerPoint but there are a lot of helpful tools that I was not using. For example, I did not know there was a way to record you presenting the power point while in PowerPoint. I had a project in my high school Spanish class where I had to make a slide show of different things around my house and then record me speaking Spanish over the slides. I did not know about PowerPoint Show at the time, which stinks because that would have been much easier then finding a website to record it. I really liked both assignments because now I can make my Power Points much better with these new skills.
Open educational resources, or OERs, are materials for teaching that are free for teachers to use as they want. These materials can be changed to meet the teacher's needs or shared with others. I found a blog online that is pro OERs. This blog discusses how OERs can be very useful for those who do not get a lot of funding.
I thought I already knew a lot about PowerPoint but there are a lot of helpful tools that I was not using. For example, I did not know there was a way to record you presenting the power point while in PowerPoint. I had a project in my high school Spanish class where I had to make a slide show of different things around my house and then record me speaking Spanish over the slides. I did not know about PowerPoint Show at the time, which stinks because that would have been much easier then finding a website to record it. I really liked both assignments because now I can make my Power Points much better with these new skills.


Comments
Post a Comment