Blog 8
I really liked Diigo. It reminds me of JStor but you get to share the links you find with other people. Diigo could be helpful for teachers to share links and blogs with other teachers. It could also be used by students who are working on a group project. I think Diigo is better than JStor because you can use any source with it. With JStor, you can only have the sources they have on their site.
Power Point would be really helpful in higher math classes if you are trying to incorporate each level of Bloom's Taxonomy. I would structure it so a student would begin with a math problem and then based on what answer they get, it would lead them to different slides. The with the right answer would show them they are correct and show them the process they should have used to get there. There would then be different answers students may have gotten if they made the common mistakes made while working out that problem. That slide would show them where they went wrong and show them how they should correctly work the problem. The last option would be if the student did not get any of those answers and is lost. That answer choice would take them to a slide that goes over how they should be working that type of problem.
Technology is really important to teacher development because they can use technology to teach professional development as well as they can show the teachers how to use new technology during teacher development. The way I keep up with technology is through social media. A great Twitter to use for teachers is techlearning. I prefer to follow a Twitter about technology because I can read it all on my phone and they give brief descriptions of the technology so you can decide if you're interested or not.
Power Point would be really helpful in higher math classes if you are trying to incorporate each level of Bloom's Taxonomy. I would structure it so a student would begin with a math problem and then based on what answer they get, it would lead them to different slides. The with the right answer would show them they are correct and show them the process they should have used to get there. There would then be different answers students may have gotten if they made the common mistakes made while working out that problem. That slide would show them where they went wrong and show them how they should correctly work the problem. The last option would be if the student did not get any of those answers and is lost. That answer choice would take them to a slide that goes over how they should be working that type of problem.
Technology is really important to teacher development because they can use technology to teach professional development as well as they can show the teachers how to use new technology during teacher development. The way I keep up with technology is through social media. A great Twitter to use for teachers is techlearning. I prefer to follow a Twitter about technology because I can read it all on my phone and they give brief descriptions of the technology so you can decide if you're interested or not.

Comments
Post a Comment