Blog 10

      As a teacher, I would use data collection to see what activities the kids enjoyed the most or it could be used as a practice test so teachers can go through and see what questions the students were struggling with. I think this would be most beneficial in middle school because I do not think elementary students do not have as much access to computers and high school students could use it but at that point they should be responsible for reviewing on their own or with the materials already provided. I think tools, such as Excel, would be more beneficial for the teacher to use for grades. I have also had a professor use Excel to make a formula so you could add in your test scores to see what you would need on the final to make a certain grade in the class. I found that super helpful as a student.
      When looking at my classmates' blogs, I mostly looked at what they did for the ILPs and their post that include screenshots of other projects. I like seeing what everyone else decided to do for their projects. I saw that Chris used a music software for his ILP and I thought it was really interesting to see how he would use it for education because I really took any music classes so I did not know what kind of technology that could be used for those classes. I also liked seeing what everyone else did for their interactive PowerPoint assignment because I found that one to be the most fun for me.
      Next I would like to learn about Second Life. I have used it in two of my classes but I would like to see how teachers use Second Life and how much work goes into programming a lesson. I am currently in an online class where we used Second Life to solve a murder using chemistry and other forensic tools. This class made me really curious as to how much work goes into programming each lesson and how much can Second Life do. It would have been a really interesting software to use in my agriculture classes in high school, like veterinary medicine or horticulture. This could let classes that do not have the ability to use hands on activities to still be able to show the students real life scenarios. I will learn more about Second Life by either contacting the professor who used it and asking them questions or doing research online.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILP "Design"- Infographic