Blog Post 7

      I had used Twitter before this class but I was not as active as I am with this account. By posting and replying to tweets, I am communicating with many more people compared to my other account where I mainly only like other tweets. One of the benefits of Twitter is you can contact people and companies in a non-formal way and in the public's eye so they may be quicker to reply. I haven't had any issues with Twitter recently but that's because I understood how to work Twitter before I started this account. If I had not had a Twitter I would be really confused on how to get around the app and what the difference was between quote-tweeting and commenting on a tweet. 
      The Web Design assignment helped me open up to using websites I may not be familiar with. I usually chose to use a site I already know how to use but this time I used Weebly because I knew it what have everything needed for the assignment. Next time, I may Google more on how to add in certain elements because I had issues with the photos I uploaded turning sideways and I could not figure out how to turn them the right way. This assignment can benefit me later in the future for when I have to set up my real teacher web-page. 
      Assistive and adaptive technologies can be used in classrooms to help students with learning disabilities or students who just need extra help. I know a common technology used for students who are allowed to have the tests read to them are now given recordings of the teacher reading the test. This way the teacher can monitor the class and help other students who may need help. I was allowed to use one all through high school and I've seen students in classes I observed in use this technology. A challenge with adaptive technologies is that not every teacher knows how to use them. Substitutes would also not know how to use them and which students use which adaptive technology.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILP "Design"- Infographic