Blog 4

      On Twitter, I have mostly been interacting with different education technology twitters, as well other students in my class through the fsu2040 hashtag. I have not been using my twitter to learn as much about what is currently going on in the education field, but instead to see what other people in the education field are saying about different topics having to do with the field. I have found that a lot of us have similar thoughts. I think Twitter will be helpful in my future career when I am trying to find other teachers with similar problems I may be facing.
      The  digital divide greatly affects students' success in school. If a class were to require their students to complete a project using technology, those who do not regular have access to technology will not be as successful as those who have access to technology all the time. This could be caused by students being from families that vary in income. Those with more income will most likely succeed more in school if a lot of the work is done on computers. At my high school, all the seniors had to make a legacy video that was supposed to show what legacy you hope to leave behind when you graduate. I had an iPhone and was able to complete the whole project through an app on my phone. I knew there was other students at my school who did not have the same access to technology that I did. It did not occur to me at the time that they would have an issue completing this project but looking back, I wonder what the teachers did to accommodate those who do not have that technology. If I were one of those teachers, I would have made sure the computers in the library had the right software to make videos so those without technology could still make a video.
      Some software I would use in my future classroom would be Excel and Google Classroom. I think Excel should be used more in schools because when students get into higher education, like universities, they have to use Excel in some classes and it can be very confusing if you have never used it before. My high school never used it so I am still learning about all the different ways Excel can be used. A software my school did use was Google Classroom, although it was not introduced until my senior year so I did not get much experience with it. We mostly used Google Classroom for group projects, which I found really helpful because you could all work on the project from different computers at the same time. In the past we would either all meet up and create the whole project together on one computer or we would each do a different part of the project and then we would have to send it to one person who would all put it together. Google Classroom is a much more effective way of working with groups.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILP "Design"- Infographic