Blog Post 3
For 4th grade ELA Standards, I think I am best prepared to interpret the messages from charts, graphs, diagrams, or animations while I do not think I am prepared enough to summarize sections of text if they are read aloud. I believe I am prepared to interpret messages because that is what I have been taught to do in most of my classes for years. I would also like to think I would be good at this standard because I am good at coming up with different ways to explain something if they way I first explained it does not make sense to someone. I believe I am not prepared to summarize text read aloud because I have a really bad short term memory and often forget what my professors just said in lecture. Although on the sheet of standards, it said the technology I would do that with would be videos so hopefully I can just pause the video or go back as much as I needed.
One of the resources I would use is the student resources because if a student misses a day or does not understand it and wants to catch up on their own, they can go find that lesson they missed and learn about it online. It would be great for students who are sick and out for a few days to try to stay caught up while they are out. Students could also use it if they go to do their homework but do not remember the lesson as well as they thought they did. It could also be an extra study tool for students to use before tests.
Some of the new skills I acquired working on the newsletter were learning how to add a boarder and adding in a line for a signature. Before doing the newsletter I knew you could add in a boarder for the whole page but I did not know you could make it only for a header. I also did not know Word was able to put in a space for signatures. This newsletter also made me get creative when I tried to add something but it would not let me or it messed up my formatting for the rest of the paper when I added it. For example, it took me forever to get the "cut here" line for the permission slip. I keep trying to use a boarder because I knew there was one with scissors and a dotted line but I could not get one on high enough for the signature lines to go under it. I realized I could just put in a line using shapes and then add in a text box with the words "cut here." I was making it way more complicated than it needed to be.
One of the resources I would use is the student resources because if a student misses a day or does not understand it and wants to catch up on their own, they can go find that lesson they missed and learn about it online. It would be great for students who are sick and out for a few days to try to stay caught up while they are out. Students could also use it if they go to do their homework but do not remember the lesson as well as they thought they did. It could also be an extra study tool for students to use before tests.
Some of the new skills I acquired working on the newsletter were learning how to add a boarder and adding in a line for a signature. Before doing the newsletter I knew you could add in a boarder for the whole page but I did not know you could make it only for a header. I also did not know Word was able to put in a space for signatures. This newsletter also made me get creative when I tried to add something but it would not let me or it messed up my formatting for the rest of the paper when I added it. For example, it took me forever to get the "cut here" line for the permission slip. I keep trying to use a boarder because I knew there was one with scissors and a dotted line but I could not get one on high enough for the signature lines to go under it. I realized I could just put in a line using shapes and then add in a text box with the words "cut here." I was making it way more complicated than it needed to be.
Comments
Post a Comment