My name is Sara and I am currently a sophomore at Florida State University. I was born in Florida but raised in Texas. Many people wonder why I chose Florida State because it is a pretty far drive from Texas, I grew up a big Florida State fan and there was no way I could have gone to another school in Texas if I was always going to be routing for Florida State above them. I am interested in going into the education field. I want to go into the education field because I come from a family of teachers and am very understanding of others and extremely patient.
     My prior experiences using technology in an education setting is not very lengthy. I took a keyboarding class in middle school because my school district required us to take a technology class before we graduated. Half way through high school, my school district added a requirement to most classes that at least one of our projects in that class had to be technology based. Most teachers had us make simple power points so it was not that beneficial to me. The most I have had to do in a class with education is I had to make a website in my last English class that displayed all of my projects through out the year.
     In this class, I hope to learn about more programs outside of Microsoft office. Since I do plan on going into the education field, I would like to find new ways to present information to my students. I do hope to teach elementary age kids so a power point will not hold their attention for very long. I would also like to learn how to use technology more efficiently because that may help me complete lessons faster in the future.

Comments

  1. While we cover Microsoft Office, we will also cover other programs/tools. These will all be really helpful in your future career as a teacher. Since you mentioned PowerPoint... we will actually learn how to make fun and interactive games that will definitely hold your students' attention!

    I look forward to getting to know you this semester! Please let me know if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ILP "Design"- Infographic